OLEDWorks Privacy Notice for the WebShop
Effective date of this Privacy Notice: March 11, 2016
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data of customers that is collected or used by the data controller OLEDWorks LLC, a New York limited liability company (collectively, “OLEDWorks” or “we”) at or from our website operated at www.oledworks.com and the WebShop operated by OLEDWorks ( “OLEDWorks Pages”). OLEDWorks appreciates the interest you have shown in our company, products and services, and we are committed to protecting your personal data. This Privacy Notice applies to all the personal data OLEDWorks collects when you interact with OLEDWorks at the OLEDWorks Pages including without limitation when you purchase products of OLEDWorks, when you subscribe to newsletters or other communications from OLEDWorks (if offered by OLEDWorks), and when you contact customer support. To the extent you reside in the United States or another country in which specific consent is not required, by using or accessing an OLEDWorks Page, including subscribing to receive an OLEDWorks newsletter or other communication, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice. The understanding and agreement in the prior sentence does not apply to you if you reside in a country in the European Union or other countries in which specific consent is required.
Why we ask you to share your Personal Data
OLEDWorks is located in the United States, a country which does not provide the same level of data protection as countries in the European Union and certain other countries. If you use the OLEDWorks Pages, in particular if you make a purchase via the OLEDWorks Pages your personal data will be transmitted to the United States. We ask you to share your personal data with us for purposes including, but not limited to:
- Buying OLEDWorks products from an OLEDWorks Page;
- Offering the OLEDWorks Page to you;
- Receiving information about OLEDWorks products and services;
- Storing and understanding your preferences for future interactions and communications from OLEDWorks;
- Allowing OLEDWorks to keep you informed of, or involve you in testing of, new products and services subject to your consent; and
- Resolving customer and/or product issues.
We may use pseudonymized usage data for marketing purposes, market research purposes and for purposes of tailoring the OLEDWorks Page to your interest. Such pseudonymized usage data will not be connected with any data that allows us to identify you. You may object to the usage of your pseudonymized usage data at any time by contacting us as indicated below.
Type of Personal Data we may collect
When you interact with OLEDWorks or use the OLEDWorks Page, we may ask for or otherwise receive certain data, such as:
- Your name, email address, and telephone number;
- Order data: Information about the products you have purchased;
- Your billing and shipping address
- Your credit card information for payment purposes
- Shipping information (express or standard)
In addition, we may receive and collect certain technical or statistical information about you that is provided automatically by your web browser or other technologies from your web browser, including, but not limited to:
- Your internet protocol (IP) address;
- Your domain server;
- Your cookie ID;
- Your web browser;
- Your location;
- The OLEDWorks Pages you visit;
- The date and time of your visit; and
- The advertisements, if any, you have viewed or clicked through.
Different ways we collect your Personal Data
Your personal data is collected by OLEDWorks in several ways, including, but not limited to:
- Registering a purchased product;
- Your communications with OLEDWorks. These can be product- or service-related, and may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests you addressed to us;
- Communicating with one of our OLEDWorks representatives by email or phone or in writing;
- Participating in a promotion, game or competition, if any, held at an OLEDWorks Page;
- Asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device;
- Subscribing to an OLEDWorks newsletter or for other communications;
- Voluntarily participating in product testing or surveys;
OLEDWorks may also obtain your personal data if you are a customer of an OLEDWorks partner and if you gave consent to the OLEDWorks partner that he may share your personal data with OLEDWorks.
Sharing your Personal Data with others
We may disclose aggregated (anonymous) information about all users and information we collect from you without restriction.
We may disclose your personal data as follows, in all cases in accordance with applicable law:
- To affiliates of OLEDWorks and business partners to the extent necessary to carry out any transactions between OLEDWorks and you as requested by you or as otherwise authorized under applicable data protection law.
- To third party service providers acting as data processors who may process and use your data on behalf of OLED Works (such as marketing service providers, hosting service providers or IT support service providers).
- To courts, legal advisors or governmental authorities as permitted by applicable law.
- To other third parties as permitted by your consent or by applicable law.
- • To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of OLEDWorks’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by OLEDWorks about users of OLEDWorks Pages is among the assets transferred.
Such disclosures may be necessary to carry out the transaction you requested, to comply with any court order, subpoena, law, rule, regulation, or legal process, including response to any government or regulatory request, to enforce or apply the terms and conditions or other agreement between you and OLEDWorks, to protect the rights, property or safety of OLEDWorks, users of OLEDWorks Pages or others, or to carry out a merger, reorganization, dissolution or other asset sale or transfer.
If we are required by law to obtain your consent, or otherwise believe that your consent is appropriate in the circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we share your personal data.
California (US) Residents
California Civil Code Section 1789.3 permits users who are California (USA) residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of Personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not provide personal data to third parties for direct marketing purposes without Your prior consent except as stated above under Sharing Your Data With Others. If you have a request based on California Civil Code Section 1789.3 or other relevant law, rule, or regulation applicable to your State or nation of residence, please contact us at the information found at the “Contact Us” heading below in this Privacy Notice prior to using the OLEDWorks Sites.
Once you have provided us with your personal data, you may make a request to have access to your personal data or to have your personal data corrected, deleted or blocked pursuant to applicable data protection law You may also revoke a consent given or object to the processing of our personal data for advertising or market and opinion research at any time with effect for the future.
To exercise your rights please contact OLEDWorks at email@example.com.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and current.
We want to know you better so we can serve you better while at the same time respecting your choices about how we use your personal data.
Your personal data may be transferred from your home country to other OLEDWorks companies, in different locations around the world, which may communicate with you about OLEDWorks products or services. To the extent required by applicable law, we will put the necessary safeguards in place and/or will ask for prior consent to transfer your personal data to other OLED Works companies.
To the extent required by applicable law, we will ask you to “opt-in” or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data. For example, where applicable law so requires, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them.
Do Not Track Signals
Linking to other websites
During your online journey across OLEDWorks Pages, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from OLEDWorks, and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We cannot control and are not responsible for information collection and use practices of these third parties. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-OLEDWorks-owned or -managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
OLEDWorks may store your personal data in a cloud. This means that your personal data may be processed on behalf of OLEDWorks by a cloud service provider and could be stored in different locations around the world. OLEDWorks makes use of organizational and contractual measures to protect your personal data and to impose similar, but in no way less restrictive, requirements on our cloud services providers, including requirements that your personal data be processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above.
How we protect your personal data
We recognize and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to OLEDWorks from loss, misuse or unauthorized access. OLEDWorks uses a variety of security technologies and organizational procedures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and we encrypt certain types of data, such as financial information. The servers used for the WebShop operated at the OLEDWorks Pages is PCI compliant.
Changes to this privacy notice
The services that OLEDWorks provides, and the manner in which such services are provided, are always evolving. For this and other reasons, we reserve the right to change or add to this Privacy Notice from time to time. We encourage you to check back periodically to review this Privacy Notice.
We will post a prominent notice on our home page to notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Notice, and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
The new Privacy Notice will be effective upon posting on the Website. If you do not agree to the revised Privacy Notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using the Website. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the Privacy Notice as may be revised.
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org